In hard times, it is understandable that you might begin to question God’s intentions. If you cannot feel God helping you in obvious ways, you might ask: if God is all-powerful and omniscient, why would he make me struggle?
Why isn’t He helping me? Has He forgotten about me? Am I not a worthy Christian? It is completely natural to feel abandoned by God if you are going through a hard time and you cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Similarly, if you have strayed from God’s light and have found yourself sinning, you might fear that God will abandon you.
We must always remember, though, that God works in ways that we cannot understand, and that he is there for us even if we cannot see Him.
God will always forgive you for doubting Him, but it is important to remember that part of our faith is based upon believing in what you cannot see or feel.
The times when you are challenged and low are the best times to put your faith in God. He is happy for us to rely on Him when we need Him. If you are struggling to have faith in God’s undying love for you, and if you need to strengthen your trust in God to get you through a tough time, carry on reading.
We have gathered some of the best Bible verses that show the ways in which God is faithful to us, and is with you every step of the way.
If you need to be reminded of God’s faithfulness, take a look below at some comforting verses that should give you the strength you need to carry on and to trust in God’s plan for you.
1. ‘But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.’
~ Thessalonians 3:3
When you are feeling weak, God will strengthen you. When you are vulnerable, God will protect you. This Bible verse from Thessalonians reminds us that even if we cannot see Him, God is watching over us and making sure that we are far from evil.
Even if you do not feel strong, God will be working to help you and to get you strong enough to endure life’s troubles. He will be sharing His power and strength with you to make sure that no matter what happens, you will remain safe and pure.
2. ‘If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.’
~ Timothy 2:13
This verse from Timothy reminds us that God is within each and every one of us, and that he is a part of us. This means that God is with us in whatever we do, and feels what we feel alongside us. Even if you have lost your faith in God’s faithfulness, He will continue to be faithful to you.
You are his child and you are part of Him. Whatever bad things you do or experience, God will always accept you and remain loyal to you. If you forget that, just remember that God cannot cut ties with you or stop being your rock, because you are Him and you are inextricably bound.
3. ‘So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.’
~ Peter 4:19
When we are struggling, we might begin to think that God has forgotten about us. However, it is just the opposite. Although it might not make sense at the time, everything we go through – even the hard times – is part of God’s bigger plan.
Use this knowledge to try to see your hardship as a learning experience or a sign from God that things can and will be better. This verse reminds us that if we are suffering, we can give our worries to God and He will help us.
Also, it shows us that even during troubling times, we can still do good things and spread God’s love.
4. ‘Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.’
~ Revelation 2:10
Life is full of tests and suffering. It never seems fair and it is never enjoyable. However, in this verse we are reminded of the fact that it is not God causing your suffering, but the evil of the world.
God is the one willing you through your suffering and waiting for you with victory and life blessings.
When you are scared, remember that God is there pulling you through your tests, and is waiting for you to surpass them.
5. ‘Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.’
~ Deuteronomy 7:9
It is important to remember that God has enough love for infinite people; He created us and will always have the energy and power to support us all. When you are feeling as though God has abandoned you, remember this.
He has shown his faithfulness for thousands of generations before us, and will continue to do so for thousands of generations after us. His love knows no bounds and extends to you even when you cannot feel it.
6. ‘He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.’
~ Psalm 91:4-6
God is your shelter, your protector. His feathers may not be visible, but they are wrapped around you. His faithfulness may not be tangible, but it is with you protecting you always.
No matter what you are struggling with, be it the darkness or an illness, God is there protecting you, and He is able to take away your fear as long as you have faith in Him.
7. ‘And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.’
~ Exodus 34:6
God is faithful in many ways. He is compassionate, gracious, patient with us, and full of love for us. Whatever we have done wrong, whether we have sinned or lost our faith in Him, God will understand and patiently wait for us to find the right path again.
8. ‘But this is what the Lord says: “Yes, captives will be taken from warriors, and plunder retrieved from the fierce; I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save.’
~ Isaiah 49:25
In this verse, God makes it clear that He will take full responsibility for fighting your battles, and will do everything in His power to keep you away from those things that challenge you.
God makes you His priority and promises us that he will fight for us and for our children. Even when evil exists in the world, God’s goodness will overcome it.
9. ‘For we live by faith, not by sight.’
~ Corinthians 5:7
This verse epitomizes how God works. God cannot always be seen or felt, but He is always around us. If we have faith in God, we can benefit from his goodness.
Our entire faith is built upon trust; not many Christians have seen God themselves or even felt his presence explicitly, but they still believe in Him. We must remember this when we are questioning God’s faithfulness. Even when we cannot see Him, he is with us.
10. ‘Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.’
~ Joshua 23:14
Here, we are prompted to reflect upon all that God has done for us. When you are struggling to have faith in God, look back upon all the blessings that God has given you, and remember all the times that you did have faith in God. God has given you life; he brought you into this world and has filled it with His light.
When you are beginning to feel separated from God, remember the ways in which He has comforted you in the past, and hold on to the knowledge that He will do the same again.
11. ‘But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.’
~ Matthew 6:33-34
When we ask God for his support, He will provide it. Whatever you are worried about, or whatever difficulties you are facing, always remember that if you give your worries to God He will carry their weight for you.
Try not to worry about what is going wrong, and instead focus on all the good things that could happen if you put your trust in God.
12. ‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty.’
~ Malachi 3:10-11
This verse reminds us that God’s generosity is neverending. God has enough love for us all that there is not even enough room in the world for it. When you are needing to affirm God’s faithfulness, read this verse, and remember how much God gives us.
The crops and fruits in this verse serve as a metaphor for the things we value in life; God will protect what we hold dear to us, and make sure that we reach our potential.
13. ‘He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all – how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?’
~ Romans 8:32
When your faith in God’s loyalty is wavering, remember the fact that He let His own son die in order to save us all. God is so faithful to us that He put His love for us before His love for Jesus.
Jesus is part of God, and Jesus sacrificed himself in order to cleanse the whole world of sin. God gave us the ultimate sacrifice, so there is nothing that He will not do for us.
14. ‘He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.’
~ Exodus 15:26
As long as you listen to God’s words and trust in Him, you will receive His blessings and protection. When you fear that God has stopped supporting you, turn to His teachings and continue to do good in the world, and He will shine His light upon you. If you are sick, remember that the Lord will always heal you.
15. ‘No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.’
~ Corinthians 10:13
Any suffering that you are experiencing is normal and shared by many. God will never let you stray too far from Him than however much you can manage.
God knows you well enough to know your limits, and although He may push you to them, He will never exceed your limits. God will help you carry your burdens and show you a way out of your suffering. All you have to do is accept Him.
16. ‘If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.’
~ John 1:9
This verse reminds us that, as long as we accept our shortcomings and confess our sins, God will be there to forgive us and help us through our battles.
There is no act that God can not forgive, and there is no badness within you that God can not purify. Whatever you are struggling with, if you are honest with yourself and with God, He will heal you.
17. ‘And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.’
~ Corinthians 9:8
In all things and at all times, God will provide for you. This verse shows us how God’s blessings are endless, and that they can and will reach us no matter where we are in life. As long as we strive for goodness, we will receive goodness.
18. ‘And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.’
~ James 5:15
This verse tells us that God is able to heal and able to forgive. If we show faith in God by entrusting Him with our woes through prayer, He will be able to help us.
The Lord restores light to the lives of those who pray and believe in Him. His faithfulness will overcome all evil, from sickness to sin.
19. ‘Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!’
~ Luke 12:24
When your faith in God is diminishing, think of this verse. God provides for even the lowliest of His creations; even the birds that do not live by morality or religion are provided for by Him.
Let this remind you of His faithfulness to you. If he is able to provide life and nourishment to all of the animals in the world, imagine how much goodness He is willing to bestow upon the people who follow Him and believe in Him.
20. ‘Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.’
~ Genesis 9:3
This verse from Genesis reminds us of the way in which God created the whole world just for us. He created the plants so that we could breathe, and the animals so that we could be nourished and feed.
God created everything that we have in our lives, which proves that He has always been faithful to us. If you are doubting God’s faithfulness to you, just remember that He has given you literally everything you have, and will only continue to give to you.
21. ‘The lions roar for their prey and seek their food from God.’
~ Psalm 104:21
This verse epitomizes how simple it is to feel God’s blessings. Ask, and you will receive. For all of God’s creations, it is the same. If you ask for God’s help and show your willingness to do good, He will help you and support you in your quest for the good.
22. ‘He gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry. The Lord frees the prisoners.’
~ Psalm 146:7
Whatever walk of life you come from, and whatever your problems, God will support you and help you to face your problems. God seeks good from every situation, and will not rest until the world is rid of evil.
God will never stop fighting for you. Read this verse if you ever forget that.
23. ‘Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.’
~ Luke 12:31
If you pursue a life of goodness and Christian morality, God will reward you. If you need your faith in God’s faithfulness to be restored, seek His kingdom and ask for Him, and He will be with you. As long as you believe in God and seek His goodness, He will provide.
24. ‘Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.’
~ Psalm 36:6
This verse highlights the scale of God’s power and care. Not only does he care for you, but also for every single human on Earth. Alongside all of humanity, God also cares for every single animal.
God takes responsibility for the whole world. If he can be powerful enough to care for everything in existence, you better believe that He has enough power to remain faithful to you.
25. ‘Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find it. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.’
~ Matthew 7:7
When you are close to giving up on God’s loyalty and care for you, just try to reach Him one more time. Sometimes, God wants you to show resilience and to prove your true desires before He can fulfill them.
However long it takes, though, God will give you what you ask for, and show you what you are looking for. No matter what you do or go through, God’s door will always be open to you.
26. ‘Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.’
~ Mark 11:24
Sometimes, all you need to do in order to experience God’s love is to believe that you have it. Much of the time, God gives you what you deserve only once you truly believe you deserve it.
If God does not answer your prayers straight away, find positivity and try to believe that you have what you are looking for, and you will be more likely to find it.
27. ‘You ask and do not receive because you ask wrongly, so you can spend it on your passions.’
~ James 4:3
Sometimes, you might doubt God’s faithfulness if He does not give you what you ask for. When this happens, you need to reflect upon what you are asking for, and why you are asking for it.
God is endlessly faithful, but will not reward anyone with what they ask for unless their intentions are pure and in line with His faith.
28. ‘All you who fear the Lord, trust the Lord! He is your helper and your shield. The Lord remembers us and will bless us. He will bless the people of Israel and bless the priests, the descendants of Aaron.’
~ Psalm 115:11-12
This verse tells us that there is no need to fear God or to doubt His intentions. It also tells us that, no matter how much we might doubt His faithfulness to us, He always remembers us and blesses us. Alongside His help, God offers us continual protection.
29. ‘Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.’
~ Ephesians 3:20
Not only will God be faithful and provide us with what we ask for, but He will do more. God is able to give us more love and support than we are even capable of imagining, and His abundance exceeds that of anything we can comprehend.
God is so faithful to us that we cannot even understand a faithfulness so pure. Read this verse if you ever need to remember just how much God loves you.
30. ‘For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.’
~ Psalm 81:10
There are so many examples in the Bible of God rescuing and saving His people. Apply that knowledge to your situation, and remember how He is powerful enough to do anything for you. All you need to do is open yourself up to God, and He will fill you with goodness and love.